Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• 2 weeks later...

Z całym szacunkiem rkmowa wersja M14 to M15, a w warunkach polowych, ze względu na dużą masę i małe ilości M14A1 zaczął pełnić taką funkcję.

Sam w sobie po prostu jest poprawką, w której zredukowano podrzut i odrzut dla ognia ciągłego.

"The M14 was produced in several configurations. The M14A1 (E2) was developed to help control the weapon while firing in the full-auto mode. Some of the modifications made were a straight line stock with a pistol grip and a retractable fore grip, a muzzle brake, recoil pad, and a bipod. These improvements also added additional heft to an already heavy weapon. The standard M14 weighs in at 8.7 pounds empty and 12.75 pounds for the A1 version. A heavy-barreled version was contemplated as a possible Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW): it was to be the M15. After extensive testing it was concluded the M14 was not well suited to the SAW role, and the M15 was not adopted."

Za http://www.machinegunbooks.com/m14sample.html

M15 nigdy nie wszedł do produkcji. Erkaemową wersją M14 była właśnie M14A1 i jako taka miała zastępować rkm BAR. I nie, nie było mowy o żadnym zastępowaniu w warunkach polowych, tylko o regulaminowym, ta broń od początku była przekonstruowana w taki sposób, aby pełnić rolę lekkiej broni wsparcia. Ale niespecjalnie się sprawdziła i produkcję zakończono w 1963.

Co się tyczy likwidacji odrzutu i podrzutu, to chyba sam sobie udzieliłeś odpowiedzi na pytanie, że to właśnie erkaemowa odmiana broni, skoro dodano jej dwójnóg, zmieniono zupełnie łoże i kolbę, aby ułatwić prowadzenie ognia ciągłego i wprowadzono nowe urządzenie wylotowe. Mało tego, każdy M14A1 miał przełącznik rodzaju ognia, których pozbawiano M14.

The M15 was developed as a replacement for the Browning Automatic Rifle for use as a squad automatic weapon. It took the basic semi-automatic M14 rifle, added a heavier barrel and stock, a hinged buttplate, a selector switch for fully-automatic fire, and an attached bipod. It fired the standard 7.62 mm NATO (.308 Winchester) round, the same as the M14 and the M60 machine gun.  

However, firing tests showed that the M14, when equipped with the selector switch, hinged buttplate and bipod, performed as well as the M15. As a result, the M15 was dropped and the M14 (modified) became the squad automatic weapon. Accuracy and control problems with this variant led to the addition of a pistol-grip stock, a folding metal foregrip and a muzzle stabilizer. The final design was designated as the M14A1.

mini_1136280773.jpg

mini_1136280774.jpg

mini_1136280776.jpg

mini_1136280777.jpg

Taki "oszukiwany" M14A1, zdjęcie powiedzmy, poglądowe :wink:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...