Find results in...

ASG team based on GROM

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yepp i know that but i want to find something who is very common in the team :P

Btw are they using MP7A1?

P90 was fielded when in PSD role. MP7A1 was tested but not adapted.

How accurate image you want to get? Rouglhy based? An impression? Re-enactment? What kit, what role, what theatre?

Heh, well it's gonna either cost you or take a long time - most kit isn't avaiable off-the shelf for public purchase (at least not easily)

Some basic ideas (I'm not goint into too much detail, there are much better experts on this fora):

Uniform: either their own model of nomex/kermel coverall (there are olive green, black, dark blue, and khaki variants), for field wear - quasi-Multicam (pattern named SUEZ, made locally) uniform (their own design) or it's khaki version. Eventually a ripstop wz.93 uniform, usually custom re-made to resemble RAID cut and pocket placement. Mostly 5.11 stuff for "low(er) profile" work.

Headwear: boonies, balaclavas, and various baseball-caps (A and B teams made their own caps).

Footwear: now mostly Meindl Desert Fox, some black winter Lowa models, some older Kupczak models.

Helmets: Newest MSA MICH 2002, some older RBR models along with Peltor Comtac II active earmuffs.

Vests: Some custom modular beltkits, some locally made chest-rigs/plate carriers, and several models of integrated modular vests - both made by Janysport, some new integrated NFM vests.

Holsters: Mostly Safariland 6004, some older nylon holsters (Eagle SAS, and alike).

Sidearm: USP

Main weapon: Bushmaster M4 clone, HK 416 or FN P90 (depending on role) With either an Aimpoint, Eotech, ACOG or Specter.

Support Weapon: Minimi Para, Minimi 7,62mm, PKM.

I suppose that will do for starters.

Edited by Catch22

the price off the gear is nothing compared to swedish camo

we will use polish/americam molle wests members choice

pantera cammo for the easyness and ive seen GROM with standard pantera ( rip stop)

footwear nato boot polish army boot or something else (we are not clear there yet)

holsters are that you said safariland serpa and things like that.

btw what color does GROM have on they berets?

copy off mich helmets with pantera cover

or bonnies or patrol caps but the goal is that all of us shall have helmets

they armory that i got confirmed thats in use of a dude who are a military dude :P

PISTOLER:

USP Pistol

USP Expert

Mk 23 SOCOM

GLOCK 17 Pistol

Browning High Power Pistol

CZ 85 Pistol

SIG-Sauer P228 Pistol

SIG-Sauer P226 Pistol

Smith & Wesson Rewolver

Desert Eagle

SMG:

MP5A3

MP5A4

M5SD

MP5K (VIP protection)

FN P90

Glauberyt

RIFLE:

M4A1

M16

G36C

G36K

SIG-Sauer 551

Beryl/AK 74

Onyks/AKS 74U

Tantal

AKMS

SNIPER RIFLE:

Mauser 86

Mauser SP 66

L96A1

H&K PSG1

Remington M700

SR 25

SWD Dragunow

CheyTac M-200-C

PGM Hecate II

LIGHT SUPPORT:

RPK

FN Minimi Para

HEAVY SUPPORT:

PKM

GRANAT TILLSATSER:

M 203/GP30

RAKETER:

Carl Gustaw (Polish Production)

RPG

SPIKE

Edited by M90_FFS

kan i find they eagel and marks somewhere? grey berets is easy to buy i sweden and the look the same :P

i guess GROM berets can be seen on Allegro? and whats the price on them?

BTW where can i find polish military music? ive looked over the web ut its look empty :(

Edited by M90_FFS
ive seen GROM with standard pantera ( rip stop)
Eventually a ripstop wz.93 uniform, usually custom re-made to resemble RAID cut and pocket placement.
Pantera is exactly wz. 93 uniform. Color (desert or woodland) depends on environment when they act.

what color does GROM have on they berets?
Grey

goal is that all of us shall have helmets
As said Catch - MICH, or in CQB Pro-Tec.

Browning High Power Pistol
BHP were used in the begining of the unit, when they were trained by SAS, and really liked the pistol. But now no one produces BHP and old ones are used. So, SAS uses now Sig P226 and in GROM standard secondary weapon is USP. Of course they have many other models in their armory. Some to use by soldiers, some onle for familization. For example I've never heard of GROM soldiers using Glocks in Action.

Unfortunatly I'm now grounded at home with broken leg, but if you'll wait I can ask ex-GROM I know about details.

Carl Gustaw (Polish Production)
I've never heard about Polish Carl Gustaf.

kan i find they eagel and marks somewhere?
I thik www.allegro.pl is best source. Maybe not all the stuff is original, but looks like one ;)

my sidearm will be the P226R beacuse i have it and i like full metall GBB,s

about the polish carl gustaw i think that its produced here on license but still swedish

Unfortunatly I'm now grounded at home with broken leg, but if you'll wait I can ask ex-GROM I know about details.

hope that you will get out of it in a god mode. however if you can and will ask him so do it. we ned all information we can get.

the reason we started the team was beacuse we didint want to be like everyone else. seals delta or sas impressions we want to do something own. and therefore will we bethe only in sweden @ now to play like poles. hopefully we will be geard at Berget 6 so if some one of you are going ther we will meet :P

Edited by Foka
they armory that i got confirmed thats in use of a dude who are a military dude

Many models of firearms you mentioned are singles or they're obsolete right now (Glauberyt, Tantal, Onyks). As C22 said M4 clones, HK416 are currently primary weapons. Few variants of MP5 SMG are used by combat divers.

An one thing, write more carefully and please use commas, full-stops, etc.

kan i find they eagel and marks somewhere? grey berets is easy to buy i sweden and the look the same :P

i guess GROM berets can be seen on Allegro? and whats the price on them?

Hi there

I guess you can have lots of problems with allegro - there is no such a thing like paypal [just like on ebay], or option of sending overseas bank's checks. Money transfer could be time consuming or even impossible.

However, if you look on ebay.co.uk , you can find plenty of "polish stuff" - eg. uniforms [wz. 93 aka Pantera], eagles, patches and badges and so on. Im not quite sure, but I think that guy who is selling this stuff on british ebay is a polish guy - ergo - all the items you will buy will be send from Poland. However, the good thing is that you can pay by paypal. Also you can ask him if he can get you some other stuff you would like to buy. I think there will be no problem with that.

>You can start research here< and good luck to you!

best regards

mer

hopefully we will be geard at Berget 6 so if some one of you are going ther we will meet
Sorry, rather not. We really disliked the previous one.

there is no such a thing like paypal
PayPal has nothing common with eBay or Allegro. It's totaly other site. If Allegro user has PayPal account paiment won't be a problem.

Money transfer could be time consuming or even impossible.
Bull. We live in 21 century, international transfer aren't any new.

The solution may be simple - transfer money via PayPal to some friend (airsoft player? :) ) in Poland, he'll buy for you on Allegro and send you a package.

However, if you look on ebay.co.uk , you can find plenty of "polish stuff" - eg. uniforms [wz. 93 aka Pantera], eagles, patches and badges and so on.
Yeah, compare prices of items and shipping.

is that the can chose wepons that they can work with and they feel good with them
Yes and no. They can choose a weapon from their armory, no one buy his own rifle. The fact is that they use M-4 family weapon. Yes, they have AKMS rifles, but they just don't use it, so using any gun from AK family won't be right. I also have never seen a G36 in GROM hands. They use M family.

hmm i self hate m4/m16 but i like HK416 dont know why.

about wepons so will we use the list like a guide line. i think that we will use the wepons we feel for for the simpelness.

i am pretty sure that ive sen some off the wepons on youtube films sbout grom and so.

at this state off team gear so are clothes more important :P

Berget 6 shall be better this year they have heard us in our swedish forum and the said that this will be better.

Once again - watch your spelling.

There is no such thing like free weapon choice in any Special Forces units. Please remember it's not an airsoft game where everyone is using 6mm BB and when you're empty you can't get some ammo from your buddy beacuse he's using his AKMS and you have M4. Only firearms which can use other ammuniton are GPMGs.

Of course, GROM and other SOF can use different weapon than standard ones (like M4) but it all depends on situation. I'm pretty sure that they would take 7,62 mm AKM than 5,56 M4 when in Afghani mountains or open areas... But M4 is they're primary. They do not use G36 family as far as I know (there were some of them for evaluating).

ah i see.

the idea is that i as support will use RPK beacuse the gun has more stopping power than M249.

the rest of the team are using m4 m16 or mp5. only one man in the team has a AK 74M ( he will change it later )

what do you think about the whole idea ?

Edited by Szaszłyk

The PKM i to expensive for me just now. 1400 dollars

RPK is my solution just now. M249 para is ingoing.

The military dude said that semisniper m16 does exist in irak in smoe units so i think thats are true.

btw RPK exists and are used

http://www.grom.mil.pl/galeria_pliki/premier1_pliki/4.htm

a RPK based on AK 74 half of the gun is on the picture

Edited by M90_FFS

But it's not M16. It would be rather SR-25 or similiar one.

I've just saw you don't want to reenact but just "base on". In that case you can even wear Polish uniform and French FA-MAS :)

I know RPK exist and they're based on AKM to be correct. Those pics with Miller are six years old and they show weapons which are/were in GROMs armory - it doesn't mean GROM use it, they just have it.

I've just saw you don't want to reenact but just "base on". In that case you can even wear Polish uniform and French FA-MAS

We want to use things they have but we want to compromise to

exampel. You and your group are out and huntung talibans. You have RPK beacuse better stopping power and easy to find ammoand you will probably

shot most in the group. The m16 is ok for now but he will change but not now its uppgraded to 150m/sec now with systema parts :P

[use correct quotes and correct spelling. Next posts wrote in that manner can and will be deleted.]

Edited by Foka